View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know the feelings that you are having, the frustration, anxiety, confusion and the panic in wondering what you have and how serious it can become. I know because I felt them too. My symptoms were involuntary muscular twitches, frequent muscle spasms, cramps (usally in my calves), anxiety, constant fatigue, episodes of foggy brain/poor memory, frequent panic attacks among a few others. My GP and neurologist both did rounds of testing, ruled out Parkinsons, MS, and ALS, and then told me that it was just stress related. They felt better in telling me this diagnosis, but I was getting worse.

So believe me when I say I know what you are going through. Some random muscle in my body would contract briefly every few seconds every day 24/7. It wouldn't stop. Somebody watching me wouldn't be able to tell, but I felt it and every time it happened it was a constant reminder that something was wrong. It started last December for no apparent reason. I was 30 years old and in good shape. I excersised, ate healthy, never smoked a day in my life, and only casually enjoyed acoholic beverages.

It was not until I had seen multiple doctors who all said my twitching was 'benign' and wrote me off that I began to pursue answers in other areas. My mother was always big into homeopathy and I always thought she was crazy for doing so. I always believed that mainstream medical doctors knew best. I found myself in a unique situation though where I had nothing to lose. I found a homeopathic doctor in my area and made an appointment.

I was still reserved and very skeptic when I saw them, but I tried to keep an open mind. When they first told me that my symptoms could be related to my digestive health, I thought they were jumping to a pretty extreme conclusion. I kept my open mind though and aksed tons of questions. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and I like to know how things work. To my amazement, all of their answers and explanations actually made sense. It was enough to allow me to humor the idea and pursue it further with my own research. To my further amazement, I have found a lot of information that backs up the very strong link between your digestive health and your overall health. Unaddressed digestive health problems can lead to neurological and neuroimmune disorders. There are links on this very forum under the sticky tabs that further back up this strong connection. Check out the 'Gluten File' under the 'Gluten allergy' forum section to see what I mean.

Unfortunately so many of our underlying digestive health problems are caused by antibiotics. Antibiotics don't discriminate which bacteria they kill and our helpful digestive bacteria that live in our intestines are on the front lines each and every time we do take them. Sometimes we get a dose of antibiotics without even knowing it when we consume meat from animals that were fed antibiotics. Beef is a good example where this is far too common.

When our helpful bacteria in our digestive systems is weakened, a natural yeast that lives in our digestive systems called Candida can take over. Normally Candida is kept in check by the good bacteria, but if unchecked it will grow, spread and mutate into a fungus. This fungus weakens our intestinal linings and allows the walls to become more porous. Eventually undigested food proteins, waste and Candida itself seep into our blood stream.

I have also learned that our immune systems are primarily based in our gut and this is why our immune systems are so sensitive to our digestive health. Our bodys become overloaded when things enter our blood stream that are not supposed to be there. Our bodies make antibodies to combat the Candida, food proteins and other toxins that are allowed to enter our blood stream. These antibodies begin reacting to the foods we eat and even begin to target our own tissues. This is how food sensitivities, allergies and autoimmune disorders are created.

Furthermore the Candida itself spreads to all parts of our bodies and wreaks havoc causing all kinds of other symptoms and problems. Candida itself can cause fatigue, skin conditions, joint pain, poor memory, anxiety, depression, neurological symptoms, and much much more. The food sensitivities also can cause a lot of these symptoms as the antibodies created by your body to fight the proteins can have adverse affects on your health.

The condition of having a more porous intestine wall is called 'Leaky Gut Syndrome.' If I were you, I would try to keep an open mind and find a homeopathic doctor who specializes in digestive health. You don't have much to lose by giving it a shot and you have so much to gain. I am so thankful that I was able to keep an open mind because it completely changed my perspective. Don't get me wrong, I still believe modern medicine has its strengths, but I am no longer a one sided person when it comes to medicine. I now have a deep appreciation for what homeopathy brings to the table as well. Thank you for reading this post and I wish you the best of luck.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
buttercup1975 (09-08-2010), happyisme09 (07-11-2012)