Thread: Consultive Exam
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaguy View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies, I will definatley be getting a medical source statement from my doctor and also requesting that my doctor do the exam, Is it normal for them to schedule a exam before they even request my records and information from my doctors? It seems premature to me, when they could get all the info they need or want from my doctor.
It depends on a few things. They may have requested your records but not gotten them in a timely manner (for them) & so set up the exam. Or they may have requested the records & set up an exam just in case they did not get the records b4 the exam date. The examiner has a certain amount of days w/in which to start processes, also bec of the volume of SS applications coming in at this time setting up the exam almost initially after they get the application helps them in their handling of the claim. Also depending on the dates you gave for the medical services you have had if it has been almost a year they will need to set an exam if u don't have your own DR to go back to bec they have to have current med info. SS tries to discourage examiners from setting up alot of exams bec of the cost & each SS region has it's own budget for these exams. They get dinged if they go over. Also each supervisor in the regions is trying to make their "unit " look the best because that effects their bonus. It is a vicious game & has only gotten worse since the recession. Hope this helps.
ruie00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote