View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I'll give you my shpeal--There are lots of lovely drugs to try. And evening primose oil and alpha-lipoic acid help me. Or try other products with GLA other than EPO, such as borage oil. And some are recommending r-lipoic acid instead of alpha. Also you might try a very healthy lifestyle as recommended by Dr. Dean Ornish, McDougal, Dr. Andrew Weil, etc. This consists of what you eat, exercise, stress reduction, social support. Also look into Dr. Mark Hyman. His site looks very commercial but I think he is onto something, he is into functional medicine, where you actually go to the cause of illness instead of putting a band-aid on it with drugs. Look into nutrigenomics--food is information to your body.

I believe exercise is very important and you can start that now. Avoid meat, eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains. Avoid refined carbohydrates like flour and sugar. Eat good fats like nuts, avocados, canola oil, extra-virgin olive oil. This is what I am doing and it has reversed some of my weird neurological symptoms.
Electron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mere (08-17-2010)