View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting View Post
gcardcor

Please don't hold back tell me how you really feel about the SCS. Kidding really if you could give more insight as to why it did not work for you. More info would be great like where was/is your pain what kind of pain nerve, bone, muscle, ect. Did it do any good as far as relief what so ever or were you expecting more from it. Did you Dr. over sell it to you.

My Dr. is trying to hard sell me on have this done, but after what a TENS unit did for my nerve pain I am very concerned as to how this will react with my nerve problem.

So any more information as to why it did not work for you in more detail my help many more people here on this forum that just mite help them with the same pain problem that you still have.

Hi
This is my first time on the forum. I live in Dublin Ireland. And on the 5th August 2010 I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted. This is a result of my Failed Back Syndrome. Ive had a problem with my back since Feb 2005. Ive had a disectomy, 2 Spinal Fusions, and then the metal removed but still no relief. Ive now been left with neuropathetic pain down my left leg and some of my right leg. Also a 'heaviness' in my lower back, Unfortunately, the surgeries I endured were of no benefit whatsoever. In fact, in hindsight it was the worst mistake of my life.
So I was sent to a Pain Management Clinic and my Consultant assured me that I would benefit from an SCD. It took over 2 years to get to the point where the Stimulator was implanted. Because you have to go thru other pain reliefs and then to a psychologist to assess you before they will implant.
So I have mine implanted now just under 2 weeks, so far so good. At present Im still having pain from the wounds where the implant took place. But overall I find it very relaxing. It is helping me somewhat. Im unable to be very mobile for 6/8 weeks until it all settles down so I cant really say if it is working to its full potential. But I will say that it relaxes me. It is definitely helping with some of the pain which I have in my leg. but I need it to be tweaked to make the signals go to my lower back some more.
I would say make sure you are well informed. Check out all the literature that is available. I was given a dvd and a book explaining the whole procedure and what to expect. I also had to go thru a trial to see if the stimulator would be beneficial.
Not sure if that is of any help to you. BTW where are you from?

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (10-12-2011)