View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default severe eye pain

Since June of this year I have had severe eye pain - no redness, no vision problems, no other signs of an allergy. I've been to the opthamologist several times and had an MRI of my brain and face with negative results. I have had this for 2 months now, and sometimes it gets better at night. I used to get neuralgia in my face probably about 10 years ago, and it would usually last days. This eye pain has lasted 2 months, and was so painful at times I missed work and couldn't drive it hurt so much to have my eyes open. And just 2 days ago the pain stopped finally. I had put blackout shades on my windows, and also started taking Lamictal (already prescribed for me for my Bipolar, but which I rarely took because of the weight gain issues.) I don't know if that's coincidental or was actually helpful. I also went to an acupuncturist, but of course by the time the appt came, the pain had stopped. My brother told me about this kind of neuralgia, and thinks that's what I have. I was just wondering if anyone else had something like this that affected both eyes and lasted as long.
Thanks, Claudia
cme1017 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote