Thread: FAO Bob Dawson
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Trixiedee, that is so very kind and sweet of you.

In fact the last person who was so generous in speaking of me, I married.

I do not see myself as a writer or creator; I get crazed about something and do a collage. I collect words and ideas from other people and throw them all together all of a sudden.
I have not read Tom Robbins but now you have made me curious.

And, I must say this site is the natural habitat of many critters - good writers, good science geniuses, good spirits; and the true veterans of PD; they are wildly different because the only thing that brings us together is Parkinson's. Other than that, we all come from all different places. When I hang out with people who are actually writers, my writing is easily seen to be a string of throw-away lines packaged with borrowed ideas - a self-indulgent collage that I show people to pretend I am a deep thinker, when actually it's spiritual cut-and-paste.

But when I hang out with people who have PD, each one has a different specialty and a different way of living and dying with this disease; we all keep surprising each other.

With me, I hide behind a keyboard and I am happy if some of my words resonate with somebody; but look at Rick with his current blend - the man is already the centre of knowledge he talks about; and the list of people on this site includes at least one expert in everything, from computer repairs to knowing drug side effects; there's a construction worker, there's people growing 4 acres of fava beans.
Maybe there are gigantic fava plantations somewhere else, but this one, of 4 acres, is the first thing I ever learned about fava beans - and all these diverse people are right here, and we would never have met any of them if it weren't for the disease.
I am not actually a good writer - it's just that I am writing in this direction, for this purpose, and we all have a secret code called Parkinson's.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote