View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Getting of Kadian alone!!!

Hey Lulabelle,

Believe me!! I UNDERSTAND your desperate need to WANT to get off these highly addictive narcotics. I saw my pain doctor this morning and we discussed the EXACT same thing. Personally, I'm on 360mg of Oxycontin a day. I hate the idea of me being "drug dependent." The simple fact is that I broke my neck (and by the grace of God, I am nort paralyzed) and suffered a TBI. I *need* that amount of Oxycontin to keep me out of horrific pain. I don't like it ... but that's the deal. There is no such drug for us that is not addictive and without side-effects.

But please listen to what Leesa was telling you. IF you successfully titrated off the narcotics, you might very well be left to suffer in a mire of pain and agony!! Kadian is a very strong narcotic. I don't believe your doctor is prescribing that to you unless you absolutely NEED something that is powerful and potent. No doc (unless he plans on going to prison) is going to prescribe Kadian for minor aches and pains. That is a long acting Morphine compound that is CLEARLY for chronic pain patients. No one is EVER given Kadian (from a legit doctor) that is not in brutal and chronic pain.

Lulabelle - I understand your concern with your dependency and I'm guessing that's why you want off of it. You and I are in the same boat!! I am terrified of being "drug dependent" also. The truth is, we are NOT addicts. There's a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE from being "dependent" upon a drug versus being an "addict."

Also, about liquid Methadone ... OH MY LORD, BE CAREFUL. That is one of the most addictive substances known to man. However, if used properly, it can be fast and effective in breaking the dependency cycle (I know, it's a very strange contradiction, but it's true). Please don't mess with Methadone by yourself. Please consult a doctor or a rehab.

I'd love to talk with you. You sound very worried and I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. E-mail me and we can chat online or use the telephone.

Good luck and God bless!

Joey
Joe M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote