View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Alright, I have a question for the few of you, or all of you for that matter, out there whose CRPS/RSD was started from a nerve injury.

Mine of course, was as a result of a surgery and resultant nerve damage. I had an area of skin that was originally numb, seem to over the last 2 1/2 years get some but no where near all feeling back, but now in the last 1-2 months increasingly is burning, much like the recurrant burning pain in my hand that has been there since right after the surgery.

Does anyone have any insight on this??? What does it mean....where does it go???
If I am understanding you correctly the nerve damage you are talking about is the common type that happens from any surgery that you get from around the incision area. Some people can take several months others can take much longer if this is the nerve damage you are talking about. Also it depends where what part of the body you had your surgery. Some areas have many more nerve ending that have been cut so these area like hands, feet take longer to heal due to the amount of nerves.

If you are talking about a major nerve no 2 people heal at the same rate. A major nerve may or may not heal. Nerves are very difficult to predict how they will heal. I have been fighting a major or at lease to me a major nerve problem for almost 4 years. My Drs. can't tell me if or when it is a wait and see after having a few surgery's to try to fix. Each week the pain is getting worst and covering more area of my arm.

Good luck with your nerve problem.

Dennis
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dubious (08-18-2010), loretta (08-22-2010), Tiff (08-31-2010)