Thread: Limboland
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Various things causing symptoms

As was suggested, you can have various diseases causing different symptoms.

I was dx'd with MS about 27 years ago, after many years of symptoms such as dizziness, light sensitivity, stomach pain, sensitivity to many drugs and foods, blind spot, double vision, narrowed field of vision, drooping eyelid,
clumsy hands, exhaustion at work, etc. Some of my symptoms were "typical " of MS and others were not, as you can see from the list above. Stomach pains are not a predominant MS symptom, nor is drug sensitivity.

Then I was dx'd with Porphyria, another disease, which explained some of these things, but the MS dx did not go away....some people though I had MS rather than Porph, as testing a proof can be hard in both diseases. Now I have yet another disease, Polycythemia Vera, which makes my feet numb and painful, since I have too many platelets and red cells.

I can tell which symptoms are from which disease, more or less, but they can become confused too. Just when I thought I had it down cold, the PV
reared its head.

So my life since 17 into my late 70's has been a long history of wondering and seeking and coping with symptoms. And coping with doctors who were not sure, or were too sure, or were just overwhelmed by complexity and by
Medicare.

You may have more than one disease, or you may have one that causes all of those symptoms.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-19-2010)