View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxy View Post
Hope you are all managing well and are as pain free as possible!!
Quick question....anyone in here ever had phrenic nerve involvement pre or post rib resection. I was very short of breath and could not lay flat as felt like I was suffocating, also causes me to cough and then voice goes hoarse after talking for awhile and so I just shut up ( yea friends are LOVIN it!!!hahahahhahahah)...continues to be ongoing to date March 15,2008.My surgery was Dec4th,2007.
Was told could take months to resolve if it ever does!

Take Care All!!!!
Linda
Linda,
I have been there and you are getting the standard answer from DR's that do not have any idea how to help you. There is a new proceedure! I was case #13 (lucky me) The dr's took the nerve from right right leg and transplanted it fron the phrenic nerve in my neck to my diaphragm. In a nustshell I can lie flat on my back. I no longer breath with the aid of a c-pap, I can bend over tie myshoes w/o thinking I might pass out from a lack of air. The recovery peroid is quite lengthy in term of a recovery (12-14 months) but I was able to go back to work in 30 days, but would recomend wating 8-10 weeks if possible. Let me know if you are still in need of more info -Ross
fredebassett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote