View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollymom View Post
through the grace of god and a long stretch of time, i was finally awarded my ssdi benefits, received my back pay and started getting my monthly payments. On april 22, 2010, a strange deposit showed up in my account from ssa for $5917.00. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was, because i had already received everything i was supposed to get.

I finally called ssa today, and after a while of searching, i was told it was back pay i should have received. I told them i had already received all of my back pay, which was a substantial amount, and was correctly deposited into my account already. Finally, they found out that it was money my attorney had returned. I told them that could not be correct, because i owed my attoryney $6000, which was paid by ssa out of my back pay. They said yes, that the $6000 had been paid to the attorney, minus an $83 dollar user fee, so the amount was $5917.00, and it was returned to ssa, and subsequently returned to me.

Has anyone else ever had their attorney return money? I am assuming it is a mistake on the part of the attorney's office and that i will need to pay them soon, or the money will be automatically deducted from my account when they realize the mistake and contact ssa for their money. I plan to call the attorney to straighten this out, but i just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

no lol but if you have an attorney who gave the money back,slide me his name and number so i can hire him for future business lol...
stella tsakalos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote