View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting View Post
If I am understanding you correctly the nerve damage you are talking about is the common type that happens from any surgery that you get from around the incision area. Some people can take several months others can take much longer if this is the nerve damage you are talking about. Also it depends where what part of the body you had your surgery. Some areas have many more nerve ending that have been cut so these area like hands, feet take longer to heal due to the amount of nerves.

If you are talking about a major nerve no 2 people heal at the same rate. A major nerve may or may not heal. Nerves are very difficult to predict how they will heal. I have been fighting a major or at lease to me a major nerve problem for almost 4 years. My Drs. can't tell me if or when it is a wait and see after having a few surgery's to try to fix. Each week the pain is getting worst and covering more area of my arm.

Good luck with your nerve problem.

Dennis
Hi Dennis,

I have CRPS 2 not from a surgery it was from an accident and all the nerves that got damaged due to broken bones that could not be repaired and titanium had to be inserted and bone taken out. But as I was told the night of the accident in the ER that the bones that broke where going to rip up my nerves and I would suffer the rest of my life, they wanted to do a surgery that night and I was afraid because I was in a rural area and the hospital looked like a post office. That was a big mistake, I often wonder if I would of let them do that surgery just to remove the bone chips if I would of got RSD and be in the position I'am in today. I only explain this because that was the beginning of the RSD. After several surgeries, RSD procedures and PT most of the pain is controllable and I don't take much pain medication I have really cut back. But the one pain that never goes away and here is what might me happening with you. In the area where I have the most nerve damage and when it gets very humid as it has been this summer the pain becomes intolerable. So for me it's the humidity that just makes it worse, my arm swells from the heat and then it just starts and never stops.
I do use ice which I know everyone says no ice but it helps me when it really swells. Hope you feel better..

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dubious (08-19-2010), hurting (08-19-2010), loretta (08-22-2010)