View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemse View Post
Ok guys, I do hate to be negative and dwell on what I cant change but I feel the need to ask this question. For those of you who have not met me before I was diagnosed with neuropathy nearly a year ago. At the time my doc told me it would get worse over a period of months and years, as it was it got worse in weeks. It levelled out but has recently started getting worse again.

I want to pick you guys brains about what I can expect, I know it might seem maudlin but if you guys are willing to talk about it then I want to know how bad it can get from your experience. I want to know if any of you have had to give up work because it got so bad? I have heard stories of people being housebound it got so bad. Has this happened to any of you?

I know there will be arguments about not worrying myself and to try and be more optimistic. Thanks to you guys I have never felt more confident about my condition as you have been a wealth of knowledge in things to do to help it. I just want to get the full spectrum of the condition so I can get a balanced view.

Another reason I am asking you is that as I mentioned earlier I have read horror stories on other websites. Left unchecked these stories will make me worry more than true accounts from people who suffer with it daily. Thanks , Hemase.
I am confined to my bed 24/7 due to my neuropathy... and while I don't see how it can get much worse (except to have autonomic PN, which I am thankful I don't)... I'm told it will get worse... so we'll see in time what that means for me. I've only had PN since December and have been bedridden since May.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote