View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sleeping at night

Most of the stories I have read on this site regarding SFN describe the worst time of day being at night trying to sleep.

Since my SFN reacts differently, i.e. when I lay down it seems to calm down, I was wondering if that indicates anything of value?

Ever since my lumbar decompression surgery back in November, the pain and burning in my feet has gotten much worse. I tried switching from my neurontin (1800-2400 mg/day) to Lyrica (300-450 mg/ day ) to see if that made any difference. I stayed on the Lyrica for 6 weeks and could see no improvement. So now I have switched back to the neurontin, along with tramadol. I can't explain why the sudden increase in pain, actually much worse than ever before in the 14 years that I have been dealing with this. I guess it could be the nerves healing if they were in fact being compressed from the stenosis in my back, but I'm not sure that is the case.

I can no longer use the shoes that I have been using for the last 1 1/2 yrs because of the increased pain and I am having much difficulty just trying to walk. And like I said above, when I get off my feet, they calm down somewhat.

Could all of this just be normal progression? Thanks for any input.
atltom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote