View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
I am going to try an attempt at growing favas year round with the help of a greenhouse (if we can get one up) We were in the process of trying to build a chicken -tractor(mobile chicken coop with fenced in run areea , when dad droped a large sheet of plywood on his big toe ( the foot the was half blown off in WW 2 and doesn't have feeling much in the toes) now he is using his cruches and trying to behave and keep
weight off it alittle til it heels. Thank goodness for comfrey leaf poultice that kept the swelling down! Hopefully we'll figure out something to contain the chicken hand-me downs from people who have to move before we get them this weekend.
I really don't know of a source for fresh..they are seasonal vegies..canned ones are about it/ or cooking the dry beans.
Just got a call from dad and it has rained since I left home this morning.....some of it very hard . He watched another muddy river flowing down in front of our house..Since the first planting of favas made it thru the last time...I'm hoping their roots have gone deeper yet so we won't have to worry about too much rain. The new beans I planted in raised rows & hopefully they will be ok. There is more rain on the way! It's so hard to be away from home for 2 days while working and there is so much to do. I hope I can put a picture of the farm on the sight soon. Dad made the mistake of getting a CD along with our last pictures we had developed. Someone told me that you look at it on computor...so maybe someone can put a picture on this sight for me so you all can see what the farm looks like.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote