View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well boys and girls it seems it was idiot day at the hospital today and noone bothered to let me know before i showed up!

Now, the common sense side of me stopped into my new endo's office 2 days ago while i was in the building and i filled out medical release forms so that he could have my history and latest bloodwork results when I came today for my appointment.... but did they bother to fax out those request forms?? HECK NO!! So, I meet the new endo, he gives me an order for more bloodwork and tells me there is nothing else he can do until he gets my med history from the other docs! But he will call me when they get them. GRRRRRR

Then I head over to the ER... Explain the situation to the nurses and let them know I only need an xray. no meds, no consult, just an xray. I think I may have broken a bone in my lower lumbar or my coccyx.

No problem they say...

They get me back, we go over all the paperwork and history and meds and 20 minutes later I am being wheeled to xray.
And an hour after i am done with xrays i spot the doc sitting st the nurses desk eating lunch... and an hour after that he comes in to tell me...

the doc that read the xrays (who is apparently not the doc i am seeing) didn't see anything wrong other than the t11-t12 fractures. But upon looking at the films, there may be a possible hairline fracture to my coccyx... but it is inconclusive.

so yes, 3 hours after i checked in, I left with the news... I may have possibly broken my buttbone. Yes, this is the same statement that is printed in my handwriting on the check in form!

yup! welcome to virginia!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (08-20-2010), ewizabeth (08-19-2010), Koala77 (08-19-2010), SallyC (08-19-2010)