View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

No idea. Last meeting with Ortho was telling me I was not a "viable candidate" for surgery because I have MS and we would have to bring my white blood cell count back up and blah blah blah... Thinks the vertebroplasty will not hold because the compression will just wear it out, can't pin it bc its too risky to spinal cord, no fusion surgery because I am too risky thanks to the 25+ MS lesions on my spinal cord.

Last month my neuro was against the vertebroplasty idea (non surgical, long needle goes into the fracture and fills it with medical cement to build the bone back up. Then she saw the last MRI and says we need to fix this now! Still haven't heard from ortho since they found the new fractures because he apparently decided to join my PCP in the land of people who have the luxury of vacationing.

And I really feel like they are missing something. Neuro wants another MRI of lumbar and another bone density test... But I don't see how a bone density issue would only effect my spine. That doesn't make sense.

I feel like the degenerative disc and joint issues they keep blowing off as minor may be a small piece to a big picture and all of my doctors keep overlooking something, I just don't know what it is. What it feels like besides my joints turning to stone is there is so much sheer force and pressure throughout my back that it is making the other bones break. I have always had back problems but this is insane.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (08-20-2010), SallyC (08-20-2010)