View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yeah, Steve, you're right, I have been working on this in many ways for a long time now, and I think the point of critical mass is being reached for me because of efforts in many modalities. Some are hard science-ish, but a surprising amount of what has been helping is getting used to the idea that the things that I didn't think were possible were significantly defined by my fears. And believe me, I have so much empathy for any of us - the doctors included - well, maybe not Big Pharm - but those of us who battle fear at any level.

I have much, much to say and tell down the line, but I wanted to write this early "preview" style update because I had read some of the posts of folks like you, Steve, who are really struggling with the meds and their inconsistencies and side effects. I can relate to the most despairing of these - been there, I know just what that's like. And everybody's different, and I don't want to disrespect anyone else's challenges nor the solutions that seem most right for them...we all know that about each other. The issues I raise here are enormously complex and emotional, I know.

But I wanted to give a shout out, and say that I really think much more is possible than we have grown accustomed to believe. And I really do think there is a whole new kind of medicine about to be birthed in which the mind-body connection - and all its applications to our existing treatments - will be investigated and validated like never before, and it will be like the discovery of germs or modern surgical technique -at least - in its scope and significance.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (08-20-2010), stevem53 (08-20-2010)