View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Best news of the day, for sure

Just the fact that Fiona is talking like that is the best news I have heard in quite some time.
I have plunged into the mind-body-spirit thing of Continuum, and I have been surprised how it anchors me, even though I am just starting. It aims at a level inside me that is layers below the surface: below intellect, below concepts, below words, and - yes - below emotions. I am certain that it makes a big difference, and I am just beginning. I will crave to hear more from Fiona and others.

The diagnosis as Parkinson's does not happen until 85 to 90% of the cells in the substantia nigra have croaked. And I keep asking, what is the name of the disease that killed the first 90%? Movement disorder looks like the final system to crash. The remaining 10% of my brain cells witnessed what slaughtered the first 90%. They are not eager to go back to work with that kind of casualty rate at the front lines. The 10% sit around drinking Guinness and singing Ozzy Osbourne songs - they no longer believe that anything will work. 9 out of 10 brain cells died before the movement disorder started, and we don't even know what hit them.
I lost my sense of smell 40 years ago. No connection, maybe. But Something Happened. To blow away 90% of those cells and leave me with 10% seems to indicate that whatever it was that killed the 90% must have been very big and very strong and very deadly. It is something beyond the range of our sinemet treatment, that's for sure. It's something hot wired to the very soul, the mind, the person, or whatever that spirit thing is. The thing that makes us conscious, different from rocks
Wouldn't it be funny if the truth has been right in front of our eyes all along.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (08-20-2010), Atma Namaste (05-09-2011), moondaughter (08-20-2010), rosebud (08-23-2010)