Thread: Limboland
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Opposite way around!

Hi Brainfreeze

It sounds like you are just like me! Only I did things the other way around. I was diagnosed with MS in 2001. I had lost around 50% of my vision, was falling all over myself when I tried to walk, and had bladder and bowel problems (along with the itching, burning, crawiling stuff). Diagnosis was immediate, and without question for me, as my MRI showed LOTS of lesions affecting lots of different areas of the CNS.

Then in 2003 they found a 5 mm intracranial aneurysm on my pericallosal artery. It was an incidental finding (they were teaching someone to use the machinery and did an MRA as well as a routine MRI for my MS.) I had that clipped in 2004. How lucky was I that they found it before it found me????

I fell in a heap after my craniotomy too, all of the MS symptoms flared massively and brought a whole lot of new ones with it. As you know, the brain heals very slowly and it took a long time and a lot of very strange symptoms to get over it. It was almost like my MS was poking it's tongue out and saying "Ha Ha you can fix that, but you can't get me..."

Keep trying, I know you don't want this, but the sooner it is worked out, the sooner you are in a position to deal with it. Lesions on MRI are not the be all and end all of MS.

Hugs

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-20-2010)