View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to fava beans

Please forgive me if I am asking something that may have already been discussed. I am fairly new here.
First of all, I want to thank you for introducing me to fava beans. They are not only delicious but, have given me a few good days that I have not experienced in months. I found a source for fresh beans and also have the juice from International Gourmet.
I am concerned about the season coming to an end. I just received an email from International Gourmet telling me that October is the last of the juice and that I need to order a supply to get thru the out of season months. They say the juice has no preservatives but if I freeze it for several months, is it still good? I hate to order several bottles at $50 each only to have it go bad or lose it's dopamine.
Also, I was wondering if I threw a bunch of fresh pods in my Vitamix, froze the results, would that act as a good supply? (cheaper than the $50 a bottle) I am so confused by the many things I have read about what part has the most dopamine, cooking and cooling destroying the dopamine, and so on.
I am interested in your tincture and how you make it. Perhaps that is the answer when fresh beans aren't available?
I really am finding that favas are helping me and I want to know more, more, more.
Thanks!!!
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote