Thread: Psycho-therapy?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Been there, not good

Here's an update on the psych consult: I saw a lovely guy who teaches biofeedback in addition to his counseling practice. We talked about my situation and he said I don't appear to have a problem with depression. We tried the biofeedback, and I think it might be helpful for me to practice that sort of deep breathing thing, which I expect I can do on my own. But as counseling, it isn't ideal: he is not familiar with chronic fatigue/fibo/brain fog -- and his available hour is late evening, and his office is up a steep flight of stairs.

I would like to start counseling with someone who is familiar with the issues we face living with chronic illness. But there isn't one anywhere nearby. I live in a very rural area, with almost no public transportation, and I can't drive. But -- I have a friend whose mother was a psychiatric social worker as well as an MS patient. When she couldn't get out anymore, she counseled people by telephone. That sounds great, especially now when we can use things like instant messaging. For me, that would be ideal anyway, just because when I am not doing well my voice doesn't work properly and I can't be heard.

I have absolutely no idea how to find a counselor who would be willing to work with me this way. Does anyone have any ideas?
shari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote