View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This is what we do and it works.

We have a 6 year old with autism. His diet isn't exactly where we want it, because he has problems with foods, certain tastes, smells and textures. We have to keep trying one by one to introduce a new food into his diet. This leads to constant constipation, and having to give him medicines, and suppositories. Not to mention the pain and discomfort the goes through, he goes so long that he bleeds some when he can finally pass it.. I saw an ad for this product and have a version for children, with no smell and taste, because he will smell everything then take a small taste first. I put this in his drinks, he didn't smell or taste anything, he drank it all. Since starting the kids' Culturelle, he has not had to have any medicine for constipation, and doesn't have to go through those bouts of pain associated with it. This has been a god send. No more going to the doctors, getting prescription drugs, suppositories, chasing him down, holding him to use them, listening to him scram in pain and keeping him home from school. I don't know what I would do now without this. It's powder in a little packet you can mix in with food and drink. We only give him one packet once per week, and it's enough to keep him regular. I hope this will help some of you who have this problem with constipation.
ghostsouls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote