Thread: MMN with CB
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default While I've CIDP? The first folks I'd ever met on IVIG were for MMN.

So many of them said this: I don't know where I'd be without it! I can walk again and actually do things!. I have hope, and more hope again.
I believe that sort of says a lot? Or more likely A GREAT LOT???
For me with CIDP [mostly sensory, but some muscular affects?] It made a world of difference after the very first day, and a Galaxy of difference by day 2! I could actually WALK for over ten minutes without agonizing pain and the need to recover in sleep for the four days following! I got my appetite back!
By the way? I've been on it since 2004 and now have a 'port' installed, as my veins are sort of punched out? IF you can, ask now and learn about ports. If you are hard to get an IV line into [AKA as 'Stick'], It can make life soo much easier or less hassle. Then later on are the options of sub-cutaneous infusions...but that'll be between you, your insurance co., and your docs.
For me? I loove the stuff! It alone has done more for me than any medications have, either singly or in combinations!
I AM GRATEFUL to ALL my docs for allowing me to receive this 'gift' of blood. It's so strange and complicated how I came to need it? But I am so releived that I CAN receive it as well!
Do not be shy about asking questions! EVER! Not one question is too simple or silly to ask about!
I hope this helps, and please, ask away! There are lots of good folks here who can help! 's!!!!!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote