View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OK Tom? Finding the 'cause' isn't as important as TREATMENT?

I'm still 'ideopathic' after 7+ years, but, it doesn't matter? Getting the TESTS and treatments does? Now, that doesn't mean going and 'demanding Liza Jane's tests' all be done on you? Rather, use that and your research and KNOWING WHAT tests HAVE or NOT been done to give you reason to ASK?
Why hasn't X test been done, IF you think 'this'? or Y test done if 'that'? That way? It's not a confrontation? But rather an explanation for HIS rationale vis-a-vis testing.
It is difficult to play dumb and smart at the same time? But the consistent ASKING and wanting copies of tests results 'for your files'? Can be your keys to open the doors to 'communication'. The 'C' word can become precious in establishing trust with your doc, and, at first? reducing your expectations?, then letting that professional know you aren't a total 'Trust Me' type of person. It's hard enuf to find any simple person you can comunicate with on the basest levels? You need to be straightforwardly candid with a new doc after the initials? As to Can I work with You? You with me? Honesty? Finding docs especially for US is hard! We need someone who has a CLUE! IF they have clues, but are insensitive? Write them off!
The best words I'd ever heard were: "Let's see what we can do about this". That was my clincher? I hope you find a doc curious yet experienced enough to say this to you and FOR you! The right treatments for you are out there? You just need the right doc to do the trial and error phase with you! KEEP FAITH! DON'T GIVE UP! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote