View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm08 View Post
hey bum, thanks for your reply. Sounds like you work for the ssa.
Like i've said before, in the begining of my ssd application i qualified for ssi and this why i recieved backpay, for a short time only, i was told by ssa agent.
I have worked very hard to get my money and yes i'm entitled to it too. I tried to work as long as possible untill i physically couldn't anymore. You can judge me but untill you walk in my shoes....you wouldn't know.
I didn't ask to be sick, you sound like your mad because i don't understand some of the things going with my ssd, its not my fault.
Have a good day!
ok...maybe i was venting a little...the medicare doesn't have to be ,and by default, shouldn't be retroactive. You said you received a back payment from ssi correct? Was the check amount more than $2022? If so are you sure you due additional back pay? How many months did you qualify for ssi? You said you kids got a back pay check? Do they get a continuing benefit? Is your regular monthly benefit more than the federal benefit rate of $674?

If it has been more than 60 days since you received your award letter from us *not from dds or alj* then there are actions you can take with ssa. This letter will be on social security letter head and have an award date and monthly benefit amount.
iMA_bUM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote