View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think it is quite probable that they can recognise these things in animal models, the whole generational stress thing, that it is physically manifested in lab rats, and primates and other creatures that are studied, and it is still far too controversial to apply to humans, as we are always deemed to have free will, and that is seen to include everything. But why wouldn't we, if babies are born stressed because of maternal nicotine use, or poor diet, or other physical stressors, why wouldn't other things that are part of our natural being have an effect, and why would mental or emotional stressors be ruled out.

I love the clarity that science can bring to things but also have to see that it is very selective, and only sees what it wants to see, and often is only able to shed light on things it is funded to shed light on. The small individual beacons seem to be the ones to look for, both within and without established thinking. They are the ones that show the potential for a better science, a new way of thinking.....

I am endlessly inspired by the thought that there are whole solutions out there waiting to be found, that the fava bean will help some without risking major damage, that intensive and personalized care will have better results than one pill fits all, and that balancing ourselves holistically with the right kind of knowledge might yield better results than we are currently getting, that exercise can be more neuroprotective than other treatments, and oh I wish for a tilted bed, because that subtle thing the lymphatic system is likely to be involved too, it helps hydrate the brain - and to be honest I'd rather sleep feeling as if I was sliding down a mountain, than take another pill, if I thought it would help me!

Today has been an eye-opener, both because of Fiona starting this thread, and because of news of downsides to stalevo, and thus by implication, entacapone also. I guess a lot of us have been taking this in one form or another and I relate it to an observation Paula made recently....... for those of us now in our sixties this could be something we really need to get checked out......

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote