View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
my lawyer heard from ssdi and called me to tell me to expect a letter in the mail.

My big back pay check came weeks before my notification letter from ssdi. I never got a phone call from them.

I understand the frustration of waiting and 'just give it a little longer" But please don't let this stress you out over the phone call that might never come issue......just waiting for the letter/check is stressful enough !

I hope that you hear really soon and that it is good news !
happens all the time that you'll get retroactive pay before the award letter...i have no clue why but it's nice to give good news sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
i kept on calling my disability "counselor" in nashville to check on the status of my case. If i remember correctly, he told me i had been denied (the first time) before i got the letter. He couldn't tell me why -- i had to wait to read the letter. I believe (long time, short memory) when i got approved the second time, i got a check before i got an approval letter.
they aren't allowed to tell you why because it's medical info that we can't release...not even to the claimant. It's a very strict rule.
iMA_bUM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote