View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ Alot depends on the dosage you're on. If you're on too small a dose, it might not ever help. But I took neurontin and I noticed it SLIGHT improvement after 2 weeks. I hated that it took so long to work cause I was in agony. The thing I hated about it is that it made me "loopy" and i gained water weight. My doc took me off it after awhile, and we went to topamax, which is a similar drug, as it doesn't make you retain water, you lose weight on it, and you don't feel "loopy." lol. I'm still on it after 9 years, and it works great!

You mention Lyrica causes tooth decay??? Good grief! I just had MAJOR dental work done due to decay caused by opiates ~ I sure don't need this. Arrgggghhh! What next.

Take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-21-2010)