Thread: Snoring
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery

Am new to these threads but thought I might offer some advice on sleep apnea as my family and myself have a long history with it. Last year I had my tonsils removed, sinus surgery and septoplasty to rectify a serious sleep disorder. When I woke up from surgery, I took my first conscious breath of air, and it felt like heaven! Even with all that pain from the surgery I could breathe so much easier and freer than ever in my life! I no longer snore, I still breath a little heavily but don't choke on my breath or stop breathing in my sleep anymore. Surgery may not be for everyone, but don't think it's not an option. it has changed my life!

BTW, the mask things ( i think they are called CPAP machines?) is what my Dad wears at night and has done so for about ten years. He seems to think it does the trick for him. Still manages to snore though the machine but at least doesn't stop breathing and has less broken sleep.

Last edited by valooma; 02-09-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Re-read the post above, wanted to answer question about machines
valooma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote