View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RE: your symptoms (dizziness and hearing your eyes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher View Post
I have the same swishing sound that I hear when I move my eyes. It is also during times when I have horrible dizzy spells that can last for days or even weeks. It's not typical dizziness, though. It's more like a shifting of rooms and objects when I turn my head. One doc said it could be severe anxiety that has been going on for a while now without me being aware that I was not reacting normally to stress. I'm still looking for a sure diagnosis. It scares me because I worry about the worst possible scenarios, of course.
Ask your doctor about Minor's syndrome (or Superior canal dehiscence syndrome). This can cause you to be able to hear things inside your body (people have reported being able to hear their eyes) and can also cause sounds to cause the dizziness and tilting of the room that you describe. Basically the bone that separates the hearing center and the balance center in the ear is not there. Hope this helps!
rswayback5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-22-2010), karilann (03-17-2012), Lady (08-22-2010), mardev (07-30-2011), SallyC (08-21-2010)