View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default social security

I am not a bit surprised about anything social security, medicare, medicade does. It took me four years to qualify. It was hell. I would advise you to get an attorney that specializes in these cases. Do not represent yourself, get professionals to go to bat for you. Another friend to go with you isn't enough. They can rake you over the coals easily. Remember, they really don't want to qualify you, bacause there are alot of people who need the help like you do. I have depression issues, they questioned my sanity, sent me to a psych for evaluation, doctors for DX and a host of other unpleasant things until I qualified. When I went before a judge, it was the best day of my life, I got a chance to tell my side, on what has happened to me. I was granted dissability, and the rest soon folllowed. I do get help now. Be persistant, and get help, they are not on your side, so get people and that lawyer to be on you side. These agiencies are not easy to work with at all. WhenI first tried to apply for medicade-medicare duo, they would not even take my application in the office! I was shown the door! They did not even look at my case. I got help, from my family church of all places. They helped me go to bat and I got these services. Good luck to you. Do not give up, it is hard to get these services, but it can be done. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote