View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A higher level...

Wow, Fiona. This is simply amazing news and really proves how symbiotic the relationship between our emotions, mind, and body. I have been thinking in terms of muscle memory but only in the context of wanting them to move again effortlessly...this philosophy of healing takes that concept to an entirely new level.

It all makes perfect sense too. I don't have any dramatic historical past relationship, but this does make me think how a tremor has been in our family through three generations now. I happen to have taken it to the next level, why I don't know, but I do hope it ends with me and my son lives his life without ever knowing this beyond what he sees in me.

I was just noting too how odd it is that now on levodopa, i feel less anxious than i ever did though doctors seem to think I am having some weird psychosomatic manifestations of stress and anxiety...that is outwardly i appaer normal, and on the inside I don't have the gnawing at my gut sort of anxiety that I lived nearly every moment when in my twenties. Now I don't feel anxious, yet at times I go to walk and do not feel like I have any legs. It seems like freezing but it is beyond the state of FOG. All I can figure is that it is an extreme reaction to acute stress I had experienced at work for two months, and it was my entire being shutting down and saying 'uncle'. I am faced with returning to the toxic work environment that started it all and have decided to heed the message being sent.

Even though we think we have it under control, our bodies and minds find outlets for us or an escape valve when we do not take care of ourselves well enough. It seems like in PD, our symptoms, like Fiona's mom's dystonic tremor are that escape valve- think of how exacerbated they are by stress.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (08-21-2010), Bob Dawson (08-21-2010), rosebud (08-25-2010)