View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think looking at what befalls us through this context though does a whole lot to mitigate any sense of blame or guilt - and when you realize that no matter how crappy things were for one's ancestors or what crappy decisions they made, they gave you life, which wouldn't have happened otherwise. Now it seems like people across a whole generational spectrum could have a chance to address the wrongs of entire wars or large-scale human conflicts, starting with their own bodies and cells that mirror on a microcosmic level what was happening in several generations of history, and then to right those so they need go no further. So it's no longer "you got sick, so you go off by yourself and fix it," but that many people perhaps get sick as a way of bearing things so that other family members don't have to - but then perhaps a family can all recognize that this happened to all of them, come together as an extended family and super support the sick person until they get better... Then the waves of healing ripple outward further and further, until we get past the point of drawing lines in the sand, and "your dad did this to my dad, so you're going to pay" and on and on ito endless cycles of recrimination. And we say "the buck stops here, in my body, and my quest to try my best to resolve this very specific and physical manifestation of society-wide trauma."

My Swiss doctor says that every healing is an act of love. The new medicine.[/QUOTE]

Fiona you articulated that beautifully!

The concept that we can presently heal the generations before us places time in a whole different non-linear context. Then there is the subject of parallel lives come into this conversation... (anyone in here a fan of the TV series "LOST"?) ....my favorite tv show as a child was "Lost in Space"!

Granted that focus is the paradox characterizing our dilemma with movement...we deliberate to be free yet mind over matter becomes an old brain entrenched habit that leaves us frozen in our tracks or with medication fluttering likebrittle leaves in the wind. ohhhh how i long to be the expression of sublime joy and effortlessness. Nikola Tesla said his mother had such dexterity she could tie a knot with an eyelash....

How can we heal without love??? to my mind living a lie won't invite miracles and the ONLY thing that heals is love...and there is healing of cancer , parkinsons everything . if we don't believe in love what else is there? give me the choice of healing my body or my soul and I'll take the latter with the knowledge that the former will follow.

this is not to say that healing can only take place when we've met ALL of our personal demons --you know...pride, shame, blame , anger etc. sometimes a door opens, a new pathway emerges when we clear a roadblock (a memory of our own or perhaps one stored in our DNA? its amazing how coming to terms can be enough sometimes and others we just have to keep digging. some peope heal in an instant - so we have to be patient.

I would venture a guess that a LOT of us in here don't enjoy much support from our family of origin or maybe very little at all and for you here is a poem:

from walt whitman;

I exist as I am, and that is enough,

If no other in the world be aware I sit content

And if each and all be aware I sit content.

One world is aware, and by far the largest to me, and that

is myself,

and whether I come to my own today, or in ten thousand

or ten million years,

I can cheerfully take it now, or with equal cheerfulness I

can wait...

I laugh at what you call dissolution,

And I know the amplitude of time.

I can wait.

thx for sharing,
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote