View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is continually nice to hear from everyone - Jon, Girija, Carey, Paula, Sharilynn again - thanks for the beautiful poem. Mr. Everett - always a pleasure. Lindy, Laura - such beautiful words as always. In fact, your Honor, I would submit as Exhibit A for the Defense in the matter of Dementia Vs. Parkinson's Patient, the collected words of an amazing bunch of people who far from having lost their minds, seem to have heightened them....

I have been reading ol' cs posts, and feel so strongly the cry out of pain and the horrible loss of love, and it is indeed almost unbearable what he and many of us go through. And I think it is so much - well, the opposite of what we need obviously. We could do so much if somehow our families and communities came to embrace each of its "fallen" with love, compassion, involvement..... This is such a given that I'm a little embarassed just articulating, other than to say out loud once again, things can often really suck in terms of social support for the chronically ill. I feel that doing something to address that is probably the most important work that the medical field could turn its attention to, and would have by far the greatest reaching impact if we could make some real change there....

Here is a link to some information about German New Medicine which laid some of the groundwork for the doctor I've been working with and his colleagues. The original work was a lot about cancer, but much applicable to our various situations here...

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/hamer.html
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote