View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbar View Post
Thanks gromlily.

Dear Governor,
I was injured 3/2005 in Ca. I was working on a t.v. pilot ( I am a Studio lighting tech Local 728) and was lifting some gear & herniated/tore my L4L5 disc. Went to E.R. and claim was filed. Was assigned a case nurse whom set up & attended all my appts. The first dr. I went to treated me until he was receiving denials for payments. Then he dumped me. The second dr, same thing. Third dr., same thing. The IC (ZURICH N.A.) sends me to doctors, signs a contract to pay for visits & treatments for such visits, then when the bill comes the IC denies payment. How is that treatment. The ICs can do pretty much whatever they want to because they fear no recourse from the law. Now after almost 2 years of being denied treatment, but being paid TTD which shows the IC realizes my injury, I still haven't been treated. In 2 months, when my TTD runs out, I will HAVE to go to work doing something to TRY & get by & will likely re-injure my back in the proccess. Without treatment I surely will NOT be able to do my job which I have been doing for 15+ years, nor make the money I was making. During this delay of treatment, my personal health insurance has run out & cannot afford to buy it on TTD.
With that said, I hired an attorney after 14 months of being lied to and blown off by IC. My attorney says its the laws that is keeping me from getting help.
SAD, SAD, SAD. Do something to change this! IT IS YOUR DUTY!
P.S. its nice to see you up & about after your injury. I see you received the treatment you needed in order to get back to doing your job. How did you like being hurt? Now how would you feel if NOBODY treated you & you were STILL HURT?
Welcome to my World.. Zurich NA and I have been battling since 2/2004.. To No Avail. Blew c4-5 c5-6 & c6-7.. Took over a Year before they would even talk to me about Surgery. Then the surgeon they choose only does the Fusion at C5-6 & 6-7, leaving c4-5 unsupported. Now I have failed fusions at c5,6,&7, along with a destroyed c4-5. Thank Arnold and SB 899..
Shooter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote