View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,

A few years ago, I used to get dizzy and nauseous in the late morning, so now I make sure to have protein and not just carbs for breakfast, and that seems to solve the problem. I think that dizzy, nauseous feeling was low blood sugar from reactive hypoglycemia. But now, around four o'clock, when I hit my "tilty" time (weak side muscles), I am usually quite hungry, but I don't have that shaky, nauseous, dizzy feeling.

These past couple of days I've been not letting myself get hungry, and making sure to keep some protein in me, and it hasn't helped at all. In fact, I've been tiltier than usual.

I am 45, and these symptoms started last fall. Wouldn't it be almost impossible for a congenital syndrome to start so late? I've looked into glycogen storage diseases and such... I dunno...none of the symptoms sound like me. I also tested normal for--can't remember the name of the test--the enzyme that shows your muscles are breaking down. I have seven healthy siblings, too, so the chances of something genetic, especially dominant are lower.

Thanks again, Annie, for all your trouble. I am constantly learning--collecting information. One of these days something's going to click.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote