View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I miss my heating pad.

I live in South Dakota and we have days where it is -25, feels like -45 with windchill. Even this summer has been horrible for my feet with the air on--this is going to be a LONG winter. My heating pad can no longer warm my feet because I can't feel the warmth and the doctor has said it could easily burn me.. plus I can't stand to have anything touching the majority of my feet. I can no longer use the heating pad on my back, though.. and that is disappointing. It's the only thing that helps the pain in my back. I was recently put on the fentanyl patch, and you can't use heating pads, hot tubs, or electric blankets (in addition to things like saunas--basically anything hot) while on the patch. The heat, even if it is far away from the patch (on your body--if the patch is on your front side and the heat on your back), it still makes the patch release more of the medicine than it is supposed to at one time and can cause an overdose. I really miss my heating pad!

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote