Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Try an electric throw? See...

this?
http://www.nextag.com/sunbeam-blankets/products-html
I've had one lap robe for about 5 years, and it works when needed! Like a charm. Since it's smaller than an electric blanket..., it's easier to use when in a chair, and while attached to a cord. I almost use it as an 'area' heater? in that my spouse likes room temps a bit cooler than I need? Ergo this blanket has gotten a workout, and is still working.
Be careful and take super cautious care of Electric blankies tho... don't wash too often or too hard? and it's best to air dry them to boot. Some new throws have timers on them that turnoff after x while. For us? That's really a good safety feature. We can burn easily and not know it until too late with unpleasant consequences. SAFETY must be our ultimate factor in seeking comfort.
Can I ask? Are your hands/fingers cold? Wait until fall and seek out Target's finger tip-less gloves! I love them and have a stock of them! At times, when I'm coolish all over? I'll put on the gloves? And, I'm a happy camper again.
Try and read a bunch of stickies and get some of the basics and tech stuffs ... Then ask more questions! And, please, don't be shy? So many of us have been where your are or will be. No question is too silly to ask. I assure you? I've asked my quota and more! 's !!!!!- j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote