View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting View Post
I know that crps type 2 is linked to nerve damage and is the main cause for crps/rsd.

For the folks here with damaged nerve(s) over time have they healed and improved or stayed the same or got worst.

Do many of you have a SCS for your nerve pain and how well does this work for that pain. The reason I ask is my PM wants to do the SCSfor my nerve pain that I have throughout my right arm and right upper back.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Dennis
Hi Dennis and Welcom to NT. I have type 2. Got RSD following surgery, but wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. For the frozen shoulder (really RSD) I had physical therapy right away and I also had massage therapy 100 therapies each. Went into remission for a year or so. My therapist said it may go into other shoulder, (I thought that sounds strange, as my surgery was on my left side) and it did. More therapy and another remission for a year or so. While water skiing felt nerve pull in left hand-diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. althought tests negative. I knew that was wrong diagnosis, went to hand ortho a couple states away and in 1 minute diagnosed rsd. Sent to nuclear med test for confirmation. Went into therapy, but because of delay have claw hand. moved to right hand, both feet full body, internal-15 years now.
From what I have read, I personally would not have SCS. Some have had success, but a lot have had spread after the procedure. Having full body is tough,, internal even worse.But I have a good Doc, the last 6 years and am mobile and thankful for that. We all have flare ups, and good days. Managing stress is important, exercise, diet, psychiatrist has helped me tremendously accept this, he is also my neurologist and pharmacologist. Having the meds that work for you is important. My Doc is very conservative, so I am able to drive, in the afternoons.
The support from the friends here is immeasurable, so compassionate and have learned so much. Am thankful for friends and family. Have learned not all understand or can deal with a chronic pain disorder like RSD. Have learned who and how much to say.
Welcome again to NeuroTalk, one of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (08-28-2010), hurting (08-22-2010)