View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 04:57 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Pooh, what you said says alot. It must work in a subtle way...so this is good to know....

Leesa, thank you for weighin in! It's funny you said '2 weeks' because I'm right at the 2 wk mark and I coulda swore this morning I woke up in less pain! Hmmmm.
And yep i sure felt loopy-er (than normal ) the first week. I would try to respond to a post here and i just stared at it like a cow looking at a new gate. no words would come......or even if they did, I would have to read the same sentence over about 20 times! lol

Yep, I've found it best just to keep a close eye on the dental....as I don't spose I can blame the tooth decay exclusively on Lyrica....it's just that everything seemed 'fine', despite years of assorted pain meds...then when Lyrica came into the mix, all HELLO broke loose!!
We'll see what the next couple of weeks bring.
I may broach the subject of Topamax if Neurontin is a bust.
I've seen you mention it in the past and it has treated you favorably, so there's always hope around SOME corner.

Thanks for sharing
Rae
A couple of years back I too was on Neurontin and Lyrica. Initially I was on Neurontin and like that it took a couple of weeks for me to reach my full dosage. However, I did have some relief in the beginning..BUT not enough for me. I was also going 'loopy' so my DR changed me to Lyrica!!! well let me just say I thought I was loopy on the Neurontin, I nearly completely lost my mind on Lyrica.My short term memory was just awful. I would start a conversation and if I was distracted at all I couldnt remember what I was talking about 2 mins earlier. I didnt find them helpful with the pain, burning, tingling sensation I had in my back and down my legs.
I was then sent to a Pain Management clinic and this Dr..(this is the guy who implanted my SCS) said that he wasnt a fan of Lyrica and over the next few months he 'weaned' me off them......I will say my head wasnt as woozie and I was started to make sense again, (well sense for me)
He then put me on lots of different meds over the coming months, ie Ketamin infusions, Lidocaine, Amitryptrelene, Zydol, Tramadol, Lidoderm patches, Rhizotomy...the list goes on....all still leaving me with the same pain, burning, tingling etc....so my last resort is SCS!!!!
I do hope you get the relief you are looking for soon.

Rae the fact that you are now using Lyrica etc, is that an indication that your SCS isnt working for you or isnt working enough?

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-22-2010)