View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

http://www.parkinsonsonline.org/foru...hp?f=250&t=286

Peg-
In fact I did a similar survey of PLM members. The link above takes you to a write up on it when I had 39 replies. It has since grown to about 100 with no change in the patterns.
-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
We lived with"Festus" a fawn-colored pug for over 15 years. A few summers ago we made the very difficult decision to have him euthanized. Because he had little raccoon eyes, my husband nicknamed him the "Black Masked Bandit." I think that is a good nickname for what we're discussing in this thread.

Parkinson's has to carry more ambiguity than all of the other neurological illnesses combined. First, you will have lost 75-89% of your neurons before that first twitch in your finger or foot dragging occurs. Second, doctors diagnose it by "observing" your symptoms. Third, I don't see very many scientist putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

I didn't have time to research this, but has anyone surveyed PWP to see if trauma preceded diagnosis? There surely is some work in psychology or Psychiatry that has done this.

I have often thought that the medication may be what continues the symptoms (but that's reserved for another long post).

Everyone knows that stress bathes our CNS with toxins, so why can't we bathe it in some chemical good for our brains?

Fiona - your misdiagnosis scares the #@!$% out of me. I am happy for your improvement, but hope you stick around to help solve this puzzle.
Peg
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote