View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How many were sent to a P.T. for hypersensitivity

I had 3 Drs.send me to the P.T. to desensitize the top of my hand, wrist, and forearm. All this did was make things worst by increasing my pain and lighten my wallet.

I would tell the PT what it did as well as the Drs. all everyone would say is this what needs to be done to fix my problem no pain no gain. After 3 years I finally found a Dr. that listen to what I had been telling all the rest only she listened and changed what I needed to do about the over sensation in my hand, wrist , forearm stopped all my PT.

I went through several test EMG, ultrasound, and more only to find that my radial nerve was not regrowing after the first surgery to fix my nerve. I waited almost a year to find this out because the Dr. told me it would take at least 2 years before we would know if the surgery took. My body was telling me the pain was getting worst by the week instead of getting better.

Has any of you fine folks gone through this same problem as far as trying to desensitize a body part when there was something else completely wrong and increasing your pain 3 fold then told it is in my head and not in my hand ect.
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote