View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Hello Hermes.... I am still on vacation, but I would suggest you come to our PN forum and start reading.

Especially look at the SubForum here on the subject.

Some drugs and toxins can damage nerves. There is a thread about that there. Also tight clothing and belts can compress nerves that exit out the L4 area and provide sensory coverage of the front of the thighs. This is called Meralgia paresthetica.
We have a forum for this type of neuropathy too.

Also some vitamin/nutrient deficiencies may cause this. My MP in my right leg came after a C-section. Some surgeries may cause it too.

I have a thread on magnets, and these may help you too:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...hlight=magnets
I would think using them on the back lumbar area near L4 may help. Lidoderm patches also are useful for MP.
The links on that thread to the 3D graphs showing nerves help with placement.

I'll be back in a week or so...so I hope you can post questions on the PN forum for me there, when I can go into more detail.
(I don't have internet access on this vacation, other than free wifi at our laundromat).

I managed my years long MP with Lidoderms, and it went into a remission (after much pain). I don't think oral drugs you have been offered will do much for you... but that is just my opinion.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-22-2010)