View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Not a pretty picture I know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
My experience was similar although in some ways, very different. My arm was unbearably sensitive so when the PT went to range my shoulder by grabbing my forearm, it felt like he was using vice-grips to rip the flesh off of my forearm. He got frustrated and said my therapy wasn't going to go anywhere until the sensitivety issues were resolved. I know he wasn't grabbing me that hard but it was that hypersensitivity that clued me into the possiblity of RSD. Also, an ortho told me that no matter how much it hurt, to continue using my affect arm and hand to "desensitize" it. The SGB's helped decrease the hypersensitivity.

How did you damage your radial nerve?
I am sorry that I can't help give help or advice on this issue..but when I was in my aggressive Pt following my knee surgery..the Pt person who was most familar RSD..recommended desensitzation of limbs..he demonstrated it to me how to use a soft towel to rub the RSD area first thing each morning..he said that would help.. I know loretta will have mich advice with this issue..

Soft hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (08-23-2010)