View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renhenne View Post
I have recently come out of remission from my RSD. It is in my left foot/achillies due to previous surgeries. After having a car wreck in May of this year, the collision thru me painfully back into RSD After injections failed, my RSD has now spread up my leg and my right foot is starting to have problems as well as my back area.

My Pain Management Doc is recommending a Neurostimulator as an option for me. Anyone have personal info that can help me with this decision.

Needing help. Pain is horrific and I am having a hard time making the decision. I would love to know if it worked for you or not!!!

Thanks,
Renee'
Hi Renee, I am so sorry about your car accident and further spread. My ortho Dr. ordered me a Tens Unit, that I believe helped me. These are patch for outside skin with adjustable stimulation thru batteries. This is not the SCS that is surgically implanted. I personally would not take the chance of spread with that method. Some have had good results, but I've read more negative than positive with it. Massage therapy worked real well with me. My Dr. just built two clinics and put in HBOT in them. He is having good results with it. He is in Scottsdale, AZ. Swimming in 86 degree water was a life safer along with massage therapy and physical therapy.
I'm so sorry you are in horrific pain- what meds are you on? I've got full body plus internal RSD. Take 4 vicodin a day, 4 lorazepam, 120 Cymbalta,
2 blood pressure meds. 150 mg seroquel xr for sleep, One of the best things I did 6 years ago was finding an excellent psychiatrist who also is a neruologist and pharmacologist. Have had this 15 years. Journaling has helped me, exercise everyday. reading, swimming, meditation, visualization. I hope to try the HBOT my Dr. just put in his clinics.
Biofeedback is a wonderful method to respond to physical symptoms. In the early years, I had 3 remissions. So, I hope the best for you. your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote