View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OK, I went over the 'edge' from hypo to Hashi's about 4 years ago?

But, I wasn't 'stupid' during the whole process! Got me?
I was HYPO for well over 10+ years prior to 'getting the Hashi's' diagnosis, but, it's not like I wasn't expecting it. I'd been able to keep prior x-rays/mris of the thyroid when it was tested years before for a 'goiter', of not 'problem' at the time. I'd been well treated for the Hyppo, which is common in pre-post menopausal females for ages.... I've seen the 'films'. They are not 'pretty'? My thyroid died. Wether due to other immune issues adding or contributing to it's 'death'? Well, no docs are willing to do 'exploratory' surgery to find out. And, for that I am grateful.
What I have to ask of you is a two fold question?
1- what set off your immune response? Especially at such a young age? I gather you are into some atheletics? Did you do something there that set stuff off? Key to who you are and what you have to deal with.
2- In the US, the 'dessicated' thyroid meds are considered unstable and unreliable in terms of purity, efficacy and safety. A source of debate ad nauseum.
BTW? It was BIG here about 5 years ago? NOT NOW! It's considered DANGEROUS in most medical circles... Check out this site and learn more ...especially from folks who win/lose from the varied thyroid treatment opinions. http://thyroid.about.com/ Depends on how you got your Hashi's. ME? I got it due to ageing and a slew of other deliteful immune slamms and bangs. You? Let's focus not only on cause, but on treatments? And so far, things seem inconclusive.. for you... Hugs and hope - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote