View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Soccertese-
I know you don't get it and I understand your frustration, and it is a little hard to explain because it's thinking about things in a different way. In my case, wrong diagnosis from beginning -although I understand if a person squinted at my symptoms at that time somewhat myopically, one might be tempted to force a roundish peg into a squareish hole. But then years and years of these medications definitely cause a secondary Parkinsonism - which is not the same as an organic disease process, so there's another layer of complexity to deal with, and going cold turkey off these babies is not such a good idea.

BUT the point is we don't know for sure whether "real" PD has ever been reversed because we don't know everyone, because inconvenient medical anomalies are often ignored and swept aside, because on autopsy up to 25 -30% of Parkinsonian brains have not shown what would be the expected changes - or others that do, have not shown the expected symptoms. They say that about Alzheimers, too, and now it turns out Lou Gehrig didn't have Lou Gehrig's Disease but Something Else. It's a brave new world. There is a whole lot more to the sociology of diagnosis, but another day.....

Thank you all - Blue Dahliaaah! Carey, I am so inspired and excited by your post. Bob Dawson - you astonish me every time.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote