View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
indigogo,
i understand the desire to get better treatments, whether pharmaceutical, physical, surgical, spiritual, gene therapy, stem cell.
at least for me, i'd like to know what the new diagnosis is. did it change due to reversing pd or was it the wrong diagnosis from the start? if it's the former that's quite profound. it would be a first. maybe i'm missing the point. just be happy.

That is the question, isn't it? Nobody knows. I've been to so many scientific meetings recently, many on the topic of clinical trials recruitment, and it comes up over and over that it turns out at least some of the people involved in every trial turn out to not have PD after all. We don't know what we are dealing with. At least those who are studying PD understand that. I am happy because I have known since my dx that the PD I am living bears only partial resemblance to the PD that is described in the literature - and the science is finally catching up to that realization. I've never been an advocate for "the cure" - I've always been pushing for trying to fully understand what we are suffering.

In the meantime, we all should do the very best with the pharmaceutical and other resources at our disposal to get along as best as possible. This road has many different directions; each should find his or her own path; sometimes they cross - sometimes they don't. And this is a good place to share our various experiences.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (08-23-2010), moondaughter (08-25-2010)