View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

I had surgery for 11.8 Chiari in Nov. 2009...Developed a CSF leak and had to have the whole thing done all over again in Dec. 2009. I still have to lay down several times a day and some days just can't do anything at all. I am terribly off balance...If I tilt my head to one side or the other...my whole body tips in that direction and I have to grab onto something to catch myself from falling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllChiariOut View Post
Hi there,

Living this whole thing has been nothing more than a nightmare to say the least. How are we expected to still be mothers, wives and employees when we can barely take care of ourselves ? I have so many questions and the surgeons office doesn't really have answers.... I had my surgery Sept 3,2008 and my head still at times feels fuzzy like before the surgery. Is that because the swelling inside is still slowing down the spinal fluid? Dis you have any of that. ? Is it normal for your scalp on one side to be numb-like, is it normal when you try to tilt your head toward your left or right shoulder that your balance / off feeling. I don't want to say vertigo - but sort of dizzy... How about walking around- is it normal to still be tired after a bit...? I know it has only been 12 days for me. Yesterday was an excellent day but last night, I didn't sleep much and it pretty much kept me on the couch all day. I think 5 hours wasn't enough for recovery.. what is normal ? what do other people feel ..? I am looking for information or anyone to help or talk to..... seems like there is no one that has had this surgery around here..... any advise would be nice..... THANKS !!!
abbydabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote